I’ve come to realise that I am most creative when I have limited ingredients. And by limited, I don’t mean the bare necessities such as milk, eggs & bread. Oh no. I mean opening your fridge & pantry, and considering Dijon & instant coffee as options for dinner. But if you make the effort, there’s always something hiding waiting to be made.
- 500g of Spaghetti pasta
- 3 Tbsp of margarine
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- Handful of pink peppercorns
- 2 Tbsp of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp of freshly grated parmesan cheese (or what the heck, add more if you want)
- Freshly grounded black pepper
Directions: Bring salted water to a boil & cook pasta until al dente. Add all other ingredients to pasta & mix together.
I’ve paired this recipe with the song “Choice Notes” by Alex Winston. This back to basics acoustic version demonstrates that something doesn’t have to be complicated to yield a satisfying product. Sometimes guitars, an egg shaker & great voices is all you need. Oh ya, having Paris as a background kinda helps too. Yields 4 portions